Monday, May 07, 2012

18 Books in 18 Months

Our contract in China is up.

(But we renewed it for another year.)

I'm a little late in posting, but I did read all of these books well before the very last day of the 18 months (April 25).

I finished up the last few chapters of Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching last night, thinking my 18th book was late, but then I remembered Murakami's book was never added to the shelf! I win! (And Lao Tzu already gets added to the 12 Books in 12 Months list!)

(clicken to embiggen)

In alphabetical order (that shelf isn't chronological either):
  • Barbery, Muriel: The Elegance of the Hedgehog
  • Bukowski, Charles: Ham on Rye
  • Bukowski, Charles: Play the Piano Drunk Like a Percussion Instrument Until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit
  • Bukowski, Charles: Slouching Toward Nirvana
  • Bukowski, Charles: Women
  • Doyle, Roddy: Paddy Clark Ha Ha Ha
  • Fey, Tina: Bossypants
  • Fry, Stephen: The Liar
  • Fry, Stephen: Moab is my Washpot
  • Gladwell, Malcolm: The Tipping Point
  • Hitchens, Christopher: Letters to a Young Contrarian
  • Kaling, Mindy: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?
  • Kerouac, Jack: The Dharma Bums
  • King, Stephen: On Writing
  • McDougall, Christopher: Born to Run
  • Murakami, Haruki: What I Talk About When I Talk About Running
  • Stein, Garth: The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • Thompson, Hunter S.: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Unusual amounts of non-fiction for me, discovered Fry, clung to Bukowski. Next round will be a lot of finishing up books I wasn't passionate enough about this round, more poetry, and... who knows?

No comments: