Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Knitted Playlist Wrap-Up


It's done!

The twenty-nine-song playlist has been knit!


Here are some guidelines I followed:
  • Only concrete-noun song titles were used. No "A" or "The" or "My" or things like that at the beginning.
  • I bought no music, but I did purchase two knitting patterns (Astronaut and Dog).
  • All photos were taken with my HTC Desire HD in portrait (just for uniformity) with a usually-unrelated prop (just for fun).
Here are some things I learned:
  • Alligators are not green.
  • Anna Hrachovec (I can spell her name now without checking the book!) is a brilliant designer. 13 of the 29 projects came directly from or were directly inspired by her work. Everything is so logical and efficient.
  • I'm kind of awesome at knitting. Following a pattern is easy, but Scarecrow, Dracula, and Superman were improvised during knitting. I knit the flag of England (with notes for possible pattern publication in the future) and designed and published the Spiders pattern.
  • There are a LOT of concrete-noun song titles out there (even leaving out ones with definite/indefinite articles or possessive pronouns attached).
  • After all that knitting, I'm still not sick of it. It's my favorite thing.
Now what?
  • I don't know what I'm going to do with all those little toys on my shelf, but I'm content to just let them sit there and be admired for now. 
  • I'm kind of sad that I'm not "forced" to knit a new one every day anymore, but I think I'll keep knitting one a week or something. (I take requests!)
  • I'm focusing a bunch of my knitting attention back to my Beekeeper's Quilt. (A hexagon a day for March, maybe?) Sock yarn donations accepted.

Many, many thanks to all the supportive folks who kept asking about the latest knitted song, picked up and admired the things on the shelf, left comments on the official Thing-A-Day site, or simply gave a thumbs-up on a Facebook post. You're sweet.

No comments: