Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brain Food

"I brought you a tuna sandwich. They say it's brain food. 
I guess because there's so much dolphin in it, 
and you know how smart they are." 
- Marge Simpson

I've been drinking carrot juice almost every day, and that means my Jack LaLanne Power Juicer is putting out a whole lot of really dry carrot pulp. I'll do obvious things like make bread and cookies with it, but surely there's an even better sneaky little trick all those juice feasters and raw foodists know about?

Tuna.

Carrot pulp looks and feels just like canned tuna after you've drained it and mashed it up. (Except it's orange and not all oily and crap.)


You can make super easy raw mayonnaise (and I will tomorrow), but Vegenaise did the trick here. A little celery and red onion, a pinch of salt, a few twists from the pepper mill, and you're done. Just like meaty tuna salad.

I put some on homemade bread and topped it with Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar and melted it in the toaster oven.


I'm going to turn orange.


(ETA: I tried the raw mayo recipe. It's like magic.)

No comments: