Friday, March 04, 2011

Home Sweet Home(made Pudding)

Last weekend we made our first trip back to America since moving to China.

My heart and mind have much too much to feel and say about the joy we felt just being in the United States with people we love.

So I won't say.

I'm working on a memoir, though. I think it'll be genuinely entertaining. Because you really wouldn't believe some of the things that happen to me.

While we were home, we bought a can of artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's. They've never even heard of artichokes here.


Tonight I made vegan pizza with artichoke hearts. And for dessert, I made vegan chocolate coconut pudding. I used soy milk (made from soy milk powder and water) and left out the salt. I also used less vanilla, but I couldn't tell you how much, because I just dumped the rest of the bottle in. Vanilla's one of those ridiculously expensive things that seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal. And I didn't have it in me to open one of bottles of pure bourbon vanilla extract I brought back from the States.

Recipes (and dinners) like this make it seem like the 417 days we have left here won't be so bad. If I can keep this up.

1 comment:

Charissa said...

So glad you enjoyed it!