Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Will Run for Oatmeal

I have no clue how I found this today, but once I started reading, I couldn't stop!

Ashley and Stephen at the (never home)maker blog are runners, (sorta kinda sometimes) vegans, and foodies. They have delicious recipes and really great advice on training.

I saw Ashley's recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Oats and knew right away she was a runner after my own heart. I made some as soon as I finished my three miles.


Making your own oatmeal packets is a super idea. I was doing it occasionally when I was working in Calabasas, but I had forgotten all about this recipe. Of course, I don't really need to pack food for myself anymore, but having a quick power-snack ready to go in about two minutes is a good thing to have in the repertoire.


The flax seeds (and lack of sugar) make for a pretty mature flavor, but a little sugar would make it more approachable in the mainstream.


But I liked mine quite a bit.

(And while you weren't looking, I cleaned out the bowl way better than that.)

No comments: