Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Second Draft

If you've ever written anything in your life, I highly recommend you take the Storywonk Revision workshop as soon as you can.

I attended the first online class at 5:30 on Monday morning, and I was in love with the instructor after about two and a half minutes.

I bought some revision supplies today and printed my manuscript.


Did I really need an erasable highlighter (Yeah. I know. Right?), a double-ended highlighter with both pink and green ink, and food-with-faces stickers to put on a new notebook that slides oh-so-nicely into my A4 document zipper pocket thingy? Probably not, but it seemed like a good excuse to buy some new toys.

I absolutely did need all the sticky notes. They're for labeling scenes and plastering all over my office walls.

Guys. This is going to be amazing.

And I'm really, really excited about turning those 118 pages into something incredible.

3 comments:

Julia Broadbooks said...

Hi Kimber! I am so excited about the class, too. Isn't Lani the best? One class and all of a sudden I feel like I can see all the holes in my Nano book. Now I just have to fix them...

E said...

Best of luck with the revisions! I can't wait to see your book on the shelf somewhere and tell my friends that 1) I went to high school and took English classes with you, and 2) You're my friend! (I saved the best for last in that list.)

Kay Elam said...

Erasable highlighters??? It's back to the office supply store for me. (I'm not allowed to go without a grown-up.)

I've got close to 300 pages. Better get back to it.

Kay