Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Advanced Knot Tying

Pretty much every time I knit a sock I amaze myself with the thought that I'm really just making one big ridiculous knot.


Unless you break the yarn after turning the heel (to make stripes match up or whatever), that's one big piece of string twisted around itself just right so it fits a foot.

Isn't that super cool?


Or is it just me?


The red one is the first sock of my first pair of Monkeys.

The pink one is the first sock of my third pair of Charades. (I like that pattern a lot. Can you tell?)

Find them on my Ravelry page to get all the details (yarn, needles, pattern repeats, etc.). Not that it will really help you to know that the red stuff is Sheepo Shengwuzhenpinterouqinfurong. I bought it in China for RMB8 (that's $1.21) per ball. And you know what? It's really spectacular stuff to work with.*


*I'm doing this to tease you. I should be allowed to. There's not much I get to say neener-neener about in China, so I'm going to do it every chance I get.

No comments: