Monday, July 05, 2010

Orange you glad?

Dan and I picked a lot of oranges last weekend so I could make marmalade. Yesterday, when I found out I only needed 7 oranges for 5 jars of marmalade, I made more marmalade.


This recipe for Absolutely Fail-Proof Easy Marmalade is exactly that. I was looking forward to having perfect-looking marmalade with little strings of rind in it, but this is way, way easier and a good place for beginners to start. And it's freaking delicious.

I didn't have enough small jars for another whole batch of marmalade, so I filled one with orange syrup. I used this recipe. I don't have a picture, so imagine one of the jars above, but without the "Orange Marmalade" label.

Still dealing with a sink full of oranges (turns out we picked 64), we walked to Target to get more jars. I got the big ones this time. I filled two of those with Sweet Pickled Oranges. I have no idea how they'll taste, but I have good feelings about them. (I made these Pickled Grapes with Cinnamon and Black Pepper last year, and they were delicious.)


I'm going to make more large jars of marmalade for using in other recipes that call for it. (I'll save the cute little jars for toast and gifts.) I'm really looking forward to making my own duck sauce. I'm thinking tofu, rice, and veggies... Mmm!

I feel like there's so much I need to share, but instead of blogging about stuff, I've been doing stuff. And my to-do list isn't shrinking that much, while my to-blog list is getting longer and longer! Next up is an awesome vintage zucchini bread (veganized!) I'm temped to make more of right now. (But I really should stick to orange bread, I think.)

At least we're not getting scurvy!

No comments: