Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Beaches and Socks

I watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" a few weeks ago, and that got me on a weird kick to watch all the movies I remember my mom and aunt getting all gushy about. Except the only one I could come up with was "Beaches."


Today I finished knitting the matching green baby sock for my friend's new baby girl while I watched it. I can see how people who tend to cry at stuff would cry at this, but that's not my style. Definitely a pretty good movie, though.


It's weird to think of my mom watching this movie fifteen or more years ago and not knowing that her daughter would hang out at the Hollywood Bowl and all those beaches they tried to pass off as being Atlantic City or Miami. So much has changed since then...

(The socks are Basic Baby Socks by Katherine Foster. I knit the first pair with Lion Brand Sock-Ease in Cotton Candy. The green ones I finished today are Knit Picks Stroll Kettle Dyed Sock in Spruce. Ravelry pages here and here.)

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I found myself watching "Steel Magnolias" the other day, I would put that movie in the same category with the 2 you mention.

"My colors are blush and bashful."

Recycled Crafts and Ideas said...

Those socks are the cutest I have seen in a long time. I wish my crochet or knitting skills were good enough to create cute things as those.

stellalice said...

Ohh those socks are really cute have you realy done that?? If you have you are good!;)