Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Squash Tacos?!

Why have I never had squash in a taco before?!

I found the recipe for Spicy Squash Tacos on Chow.com after signing up just so I could leave a comment about what the heck to do with fresh garbanzo beans. (One answer is to make Can-less Hummus. It's different, but good.)


I used about 520 grams of squash and 200 grams of onions. Instead of chili powder, I used 1 tablespoon of my homemade taco seasoning.


We ate the tacos on tandoori lavash bread because I couldn't get non-poisonous tortillas on short notice. It's a bit too thin and floppy, but totally delicious. Additional toppings were mozzarella cheese, limes slices (for squeezing), Better Than Sour Cream, salsa casera, sliced pickled jalapenos, hot carrots (they're pickled with onions and jalapenos), avocado, Tapatio, and Sriracha.

So delicious. You really should make these.

Next in my taco adventures are these Mushroom and Chile Tacos.

2 comments:

kay zee said...

SQUASH tacos!
Colour me impressed!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I am trying to get away from the cans + garbanzos are super easy to use! I have to say that the best recipe I have for them (besides a really great hummus recipe I use) is a salad from Martha Stewart a zillion years ago

Cooked + chilled garbanzos
feta
chopped tomato
chopped garlic
lemon juice
olive oil

There were measurements involved, but I make this by sight + to taste. It also travels really well + is much better if made the day before because then all the different tastes get really friendly. YUUUUM!

Lost of squash planted in this year's garden- will have to add some to burrito night at my casa.