Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two straight days of quilting

My quilting buddy came over yesterday, and we made a fantastic mess. (Actually, she was pretty neat. It's MY stuff that's still all over the dining area.)

She's working on a Happy Hour quilt in black, white, and bright green. (I should have taken a picture. It's fabulous.)

I worked on my scrappy patchwork quilt. Keillor helped us both by messing everything up and occasionally punching a claw-hole in the fabric. Oh, he's just precious.


Somewhere in the middle of all of that, we made an incredible vegetarian sushi feast for dinner. I can't believe how easy it is and how long I avoided making it. What a goof.

I did more quilting today for Thing-A-Day. I made this simple table runner for the long table in our living room. The weather is just getting too nice for the wintery one to stay there.


Here's a close-up of the fabrics I used:


I got all of them at Marden's last time we went to Maine. All things considered (price, quality, selection, etc.), Marden's (any location) is my favorite fabric store of all time. I think this whole thing cost me about $2.00, and I have scraps left over. (I don't remember how much the back fabric cost. I bought it at Wal-Mart a bajillion years ago, so it's probably fully depreciated* by now.)

While I was hand sewing the binding to the back of it, I watched "How to Make an American Quilt" on Netflix Watch Instantly. It should be called "How to Have an Affair with Your Sister's or Friend's Husband and Get Away with It Because It Doesn't Matter Anyway." Pretty awful. But Wynona Rider was her typical cute self, and the finished quilt at the end of the movie almost made it worth it.

I've promised Dan that I'll have this place looking like I was never even here (expect that I will still be here), so I'd better get off my bum and start cleaning up the fabric explosion.

Happy weekend!


*I may in fact be turning into an accounting nerd.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE it!!! So pretty...you should add these to your Etsy store. Do you still have that?

Vicki said...

It came out soo beautiful!

Emily said...

I bet the sushi was a big disappointment for Keillor! But that's a great idea, Ellie has a book with sushi in it and I've been working up the nerve to make some for her (sans fish).