Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rain, rain, you can stay, but all my responsibilities should go away.

Today makes the third day in a row we've seen rain. The palm trees are this close to succumbing to the wind completely and just falling over. Everything is soaked. My apartment is so cold I actually I had to close the living room window most of the way. And (this part is actually really cool) it's even thundering occasionally!

I have about 10 more pages of accounting textbook to read, but I'd rather be knitting my sweater or curled up on the couch with hot tea, a blanket, and a slice of the beer bread I just took out of the oven. I'm certainly not looking forward to venturing outside tonight for a 3-hour class that will likely run late.

It's probably pretty obvious to you what's going to happen here, isn't it?


I'll do my best to stay at the kitchen table until my reading's done because as soon as "comfy" or "cozy" enter the equation, it's all over.

No comments: