Monday, January 11, 2010

Mission: Finish Stuff

This year, I'm making resolutions as I go. And they're almost all craft-related. (What else is there?)

At the beginning of January (the second day, I think), I resolved to add at least one color stripe per day until this afghan was finished. A few days I did more than one row, and one day I weaved in all the ends (in addition to meeting my one-row quota).


Now there's only one afghan in progress (if you don't count the really boring knitted baby blanket I've been working on since last February) -- oh, and this one (but that one doesn't count).

I also finished this sock (started in July; its mate is next on the needles):

And the second of these socks (the first of which was started and completed in July):
(Yeah, they came out pretty different for some reason.)

And this whole pair of socks (started on Christmas Eve of this year):

There's a lot more sock yarn showing up on Monday (in the Christmas loot we had to ship from Maine), so it's high time I come up with some serious sock-knitting rules for myself.* I'm working on defining those.

In the meantime, I'm finishing up mate-less pairs of socks and other incomplete knots of yarn. (This is not to say I won't be starting new things, too.)


*The depth of my problem extends beyond the scope of this text, so it won't be discussed here.

4 comments:

Danielle A. said...

Just want to say that I absolutely agree that the scrapghan doesn't count. :)

amber said...

That afghan is gorgeous!

Kara said...

I love that afghan and the pink & yellow socks!

jill said...

I remember when you started that circley one! One of my favorites - love it! :)