Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson is dead.

I'm not a big (or even medium-sized) Michael Jackson fan, but when really famous people die, it makes me feel weird. Yesterday, Ed McMahon. Today, Farrah Fawcett and Mr. Jackson.

It's not like a loved one dying, but that doesn't make it less important. Now the entire world is without these three. That's kind of a bigger deal than if I die, ya know? And that doesn't make me uncomfortable or sad. That's just how it is.

But why so serious?

A friend on Twitter pointed out that "MJ dangling his baby was just called an 'iconic image' on TV. Now that he's dead it's 'iconic' as opposed to 'bad parenting.'" And that reminded me of an iconic image of Dan and his bad ferret-parenting caught on digital camera in May of 2005.


Doesn't that just crack you up?

No comments: