Saturday, June 06, 2009

Life-Changing Discovery

Knitting and working out can happen at the same time! I no longer have to choose! I just may end up being the skinniest and knitterliest person in the whole apartment complex in a short period of time (though I admit this isn't going to be a difficult distinction to obtain).


Simultaneous knitting and elliptical-ing is actually easier than taking a picture of the activity. It helps that the sock repeat is made up of four distinct rows, and each set of repeats is easy to recognize. This makes post-workout row-counting very easy. Though a plain sock pattern would be easier to work while sweating one's brains out, keeping track of rows would be more complicated. A clicky-counter-thingy would solve that problem, but I don't have one of those.

For now, I'm knitting the Open Twisted Ribbing pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch on a US 1 circular needle (magic-looping with my precious Addi Turbos) with Bernat Sox in the Wooded Denim colorway. (Ravelry users can find my socks here.)

But now I need a shower, and I think the socks will have to stay out here and wait for me.

2 comments:

amber of TheAmberShow said...

Dude. You're awesome.

I NEED VIDEO.

craftygal86 said...

Not going to lie....That's pretty talented!