Saturday, January 10, 2009

22.3%

I am aware that the lovely Mrs. Athanas has posted a mail-themed entry today, but I have to do the same. I swear I'm not being a big copycat. Actually, Danielle plays a huge part in this because she's the one who told me about this fabulous bookstore!

Look what I got!


Among other great mail parcels,* my order from sortfloorbooks.com finally arrived! It was well within it's estimated delivery range, but I've been anxious for days. It's good the box arrived on the last day of the last full week I have to work before going to Disney, or there would be too many days lost to looking at all the pretty pictures.

All of this is worth $191.69.

We paid $42.75. (That's 22.3% of the total value.)

And the books are in excellent condition, as in practically perfect. One has a smooshed corner, and one has a slightly-broken-away-from-the-spine cover. Other than that, they're in tip-top shape.

Here's how we did it:

Handknit Holidays: Knitting Year-Round for Christmas, Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice by Melanie Falick
List price: $27.50
Price paid: $10.90

Vintage Alphabet Stamps: Sign Language
List price: $16.95
Price paid: $5.83

Knitting Pretty by Kris Percival
List price: $19.95
Price paid: $3.89

Hollywood Knits: Thirty Original Suss Designs by Suss Cousins
List price: $27.50
Price paid: $3.43

Loop-d-Loop: More than 40 Novel Designs for Knitters by Teva Durham
List price: $29.95
Price paid: $4.45

Ed Emberley's Fingerprint Drawing Book
List price: $7.99
Price paid: $3.20

The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson
List price: $14.95
Price paid: $2.95

Weekends for Two in Southern California: 50 Romantic Getaways by Bill Gleeson
List price: $16.95
Price paid: $2.95

God Created the Integers: The Mathematical Breakthroughs That Changed History by Stephen Hawking
List price: $29.95
Price paid: $9.90

SUBTOTAL: $47.50
10% DISCOUNT (a holiday special, maybe?): -$4.75
(Plus shipping was free because we spent at least $25, I think. Shipping is now free on orders over $14.99.)

Pretty amazing stuff, huh?


*I also got a package from work with a printer cable, paper, and a few general office supplies, and I got a Swap-Bot package full of fun little goodies.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Not only is that some pretty awesome mail, it's also some pretty freakin' amazing deals. Yay for awesome mail!!!