Monday, December 29, 2008

Rabbity Oddfellow(s)

I made two toys this "weekend" (I haven't worked since 2:00 pm last Wednesday), and I attached the sleeves to Dan's sweater (it's a bottom-up raglan, so I just have to knit up the yoke), and I worked on the yo-yo afghan (the one I wanted to finish this year, but that's not going to happen).

My favorite creation the last few days is this rabbit-like thing:


The pattern is here, if you want to make one for yourself.

I also made Sleepy Sarah, a free pattern from Owlishly. Free patterns are super smart because they allow people to try out your pattern-writing style before they commit to spending money. Now I know I'll be dropping some dough in her shop.

Another odd fellow around here is the cat. He was a birthday present from Dan. We adopted him from a shelter in Chatsworth.

Meet Keillor.


Keillor was named after Garrison Keillor, NPR celebrity and author. (I'm a few pages away from done with Book of Guys, and if you call yourself a reader of good lit, you should read this one.)

I kind of feel like there's a ton more I could say, but none of it is cohesive. So I'll cut myself off now before my subject matter gets too diverse and I have to change the title.

Know that we're having a blast in California, and life is super great right now.

1 comment:

sukigirl said...

Cute rabbit!
I like all the toys that you've created..I think you should listen to your inner child and have a play day!
I found your blog today and have really enjoyed reading it!
cheers suki