Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

This week Dan and I went to a very unique Indian restaurant in Northridge. It seemed normal at first, but instead of being totally traditional, they had incorporated the Hispanic culture that permeates much of the rest of southern California.

Dan's chana masala had pico de gallo on top! And instead of the normal spicy chutney option to eat with our bread, there was a colorful Mexican-inspired one!


I loved it so much, I cast all care aside and asked for the recipe outright. The waiter said he could give me some to take home, but I said I'd really like to be able to make it whenever I want. He said he'd get the manager.

The manager came over, gave me a thorough breakdown of all the ingredients, and now I'm ready to go! I told him his restaurant's special little mixture is absolutely delicious. He thanked me and returned with a small container of it for me to take home.


The hardest part will be finding the little black onion seeds they call kalonji, but with minimal effort in a city this big, I should be able to find them.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Oh man. That sounds absolutely delicious. Mmmmm....