Wednesday, November 05, 2008

First Attempt at Beer Bread

I tried baking beer bread for the first time last night. I chose Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic, hoping it would lend a fruity, wintery quality to the bread. It did not, but that's okay.

I don't have a picture for you (yet), but it's just about the most attractive (in a rustic sort of way) loaf of bread I've ever seen.

Here's all you really need to know:

1. It's easy. I mean ridiculously easy. Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and a bottle of beer. I have the exact recipe memorized because it was so easy. No rising required. Just pop it in the oven for 45 minutes. You can make this, even if you're afraid of baking bread (which you shouldn't be, but that's another story).
2. It's absolutely delicious. It tastes nothing like beer or cranberries, but it's very good. And it's fat free!
3. The recipe is here: CLICK AND BAKE!

I'll be trying this again very soon with different styles of beer. I think a chocolate stout would be interesting...

...with chocolate chips, too, maybe?

No comments: