Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Stolen Flowers & Owls

In the last 5 days, I've found two things I've wanted but couldn't have. So I made the darn things myself.

The first is this scarf from Flickr user Attic24. Too easy. All I had to do was count the stitches and replicate! My second color out seems a little off, but it's good enough for me.


I wrote out the pattern and drew a chart, but I'm not sure how I feel about passing it out. Seems sketchy.* (Whatcha think?)

And number two is this ridiculously adorable owl in a sweater from Flickr user doctorhectic (same name on Ravelry, where I originally found it). The pattern used is Oh Balls! by Marcie Nishioka. (Ravel it here.) I applied my knowledge of spheres, sweaters, and ribbing, and voila!


His sweater's a little less constricting around his "neck" than doctorhectic's, but I like it just fine.

(BTW, if you want my sweater, follow the pattern for Oh Balls! through round 12, then do four rounds of k2p2 rib; bind off in rib. You don't have to change yarn weight or needle size or anything! The sweater doubles as an odd li'l hat, too.)


*I would totally do it to the GAP -- and I did -- but a talented fellow crocheter and Flickr user? I don't know.

No comments: