Friday, September 12, 2008

Me Weekend

Not a pirate. You'll see.

Dan's abandoning me to my own shenanigans this weekend. He's hiking 30 miles or something with his equally-crazy friend, and I get to be a bum all weekend with no one nagging me about the mess I plan to make.

{Bwa ha ha!}

This is all well and good, but the prospect of having no one to pay attention to means I think of too many other things I can pay attention to. This means I'll buzz around the apartment like a crazy woman (between shopping trips, as I plan on buying new pants and shoes), and then get only a few things done (or nothing at all, but only little parts of things).

Here's my ambitious list of tasks for the weekend. Should creativity strike you like it has me, do feel free to borrow from my obnoxious list!
  • Bake bread to bring to work on Monday with strawberry jam.
  • Finish knitting the second sock.
  • Make and freeze a random soup with the broth and veggies I have in the fridge.
  • Go apple picking and bake something.
  • Work diligently all weekend long on the baby blanket due Thursday.
  • Cast on for these fabulous toe-less socks for myself.
  • Hello! Christmas is coming! Get working on presents!
  • Bake more chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
  • Knit some other pair of socks fermenting in my Ravelry queue.
  • Draft an essay about the meaning of the Ravelry queue.
  • Decorate my Pringle can (it's for a swap; I'm not nuts).
  • Work on my yo-yo afghan.
  • Knit a scarf for myself.
  • Make something for someone. It's a secret.
And the list goes on, I'm sure. I'll let you know what I actually accomplish come Monday.

No comments: