Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Show and Tell

We had an amazing time in Boston this weekend!


The Parker House Restaurant is my new favorite restaurant, but sadly it's really expensive and doesn't exist on the west coast. Oh, well. You can go there for me.

The Last Hurrah is my new favorite place (not just restaurant) ever because the service is redonkulous and they give you warm mixed nuts till just can't take 'em anymore (I think; I'll never really know for sure).

The whole experience was too much for words, but now I know why people pay lots of money for fine hotels and restaurants. We absolutely got what we paid for, we were treated like precious beings, and we loved every minute of it.

In knitting news, I'm about half way done with one sleeve of Dan's sweater.


Before we left on Friday, I quickly learned how to use the magic loop method of knitting a small circumference on a long circular needle. This video by The Knit Witch on YouTube was extremely helpful. Yesterday I learned how to knit continental style (using Stitch 'n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller). Now I'm an unstoppable knitting beast.

On Ravelry today I had two messages from someone for whome I left a compliment about her Ogee Lace Scarf (Ravelry link). She thanked me, gave some advice about her pattern and yarn choices, and said, "By the way, I love your crochet projects. You show such a wonderful sense of humor in your creations."

(That was super nice.)

No comments: