Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Not pregnant. Imagine that!

Last night I dreamed that I was pregnant and I had to jump from a boat that was going to explode or something. While I was swimming ashore with Dan at my side, I was sure my water broke.

I spent the rest of the episode grunting and pushing and trying to make the baby get born. I wasn't even having contractions -- just cramps on my right side -- and clearly the baby was not ready to come. (Somehow I got to a hospital, but the staff eventually kicked me out because they didn't think the bun was ready to come out o' the oven.) In my dream I was only as fat as I am now, so the dream-baby wasn't even fully developed yet anyway. But I kept pushing down on my stomach, hoping to squeeze out the baby like a tube of toothpaste.

I woke up quite confused--and certainly very relieved--that I wasn't even pregnant in the first place.

In more normal news, Dan's mom and his four-year-old twin siblings are on their way to the Stone Zoo. I get to leave at 3:00 to buy groceries for dinner, then sit at home till they come back. I'm so happy they're visiting! Maybe I can convince her California is the way life should be.

No comments: