Thursday, August 14, 2008

Knitted Babe

Before I started last night, she was a blank body with strings still attached and a hole in her head. I cut her some eyes and a mouth, sewed them on, attached some hair, and now she's beautiful.
As a blank body, I intended to keep her. But then while choosing eyes and hair, I realized she belonged to Tasha, a little girl who practically begged me to make her one when she saw all the dolls and outfits and accessories in the book Knitted Babes by Claire Garland. I told her I'd make her one, and she said, "I'm going to sweep wiv 'er." Who can resist sending a doll off to such a loving home?
She still needs shoes before she's ready for the big world of real girls, but she'll be with Tasha very soon. I hope she goes to slumber parties and enjoys tea with teddy bears and baby dolls.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Aaw! Tasha's going to love her!! :)