Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chocolatey Bites of Vegan Perfection

I'm not boasting or exaggerating; I'm just telling it how it is.

These are perfect:


Dan needed a dessert for his office cook-out today. I searched for a chocolate chip cookie recipe online in a hurry last night and found these. Follow the recipe exactly (seriously, don't cook them more than 10 minutes, no matter how gooey they are inside), and don't get freaked out at how super thick the dough is. (Oh, and use a stand mixer. Don't even try to mix these babies by hand.)

The coolest thing was using ground flax seed as an egg replacement (and hurray for my Magic Bullet!). I have a recipe for cooking down ground flax and water to make "eggs" for baking, and these fabulous results have given me the confidence to try it out and use it, which I'll have to do very soon!

1 comment:

Oh Molly said...

Flaxseed tidbit, noted.