Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moving to California!

Dan accepted an offer today to transfer to the office in Northridge, California. I'm psyched outta my mind!

We visited the area last weekend, and we were pretty upset we had to leave. We got back on Monday, and by Tuesday we were already missing it. The promotion is good, the pay increase is great, and not going would be just plain silly.

We've told some of our friends and family and our respective bosses, so this is it! It's really happening! After months of knowing it was possible, wondering if it's all real, wasting time on Craigslist looking at multi-million-dollar mansions in Beverly Hills and Tarzana -- we're actually going! (But we're not living in a multi-million-dollar mansion in Beverly Hills or Tarzana.)

Dan picked me an orange from a tree at CSU Northridge.
That may have been my favorite part of the whole trip.

I hope lots of people come to visit us so we can show them the city that we quickly learned to love so much. California is beautiful, and I'm very excited to see what awaits us in the next few years.

(BTW, I've restored my Facebook account. I hate Facebook, but I promised people at work I would put it back up if we leave. I also have a Twitter. Use my first and last name to find me if, you know, you're into that kind of thing.)

No comments: