Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Creative Update

The pie crust was a bit softer last night, but it still put up quite a fight. The pie is gone, but I've posted the recipe for sweet potato cookies. You can make your own pie, then use the leftover potato to make these!

Danielle
and I tried glass etching for the first time last night. I got some glass etching paste in a Craftster swap a while ago. It only takes a few minutes, so it wasn't quite the involved activity/crafty bonding experience I expected it to be. It was definitely fun, though! We need to work on our contact-paper technique to keep the goop from getting underneath and messing up our sharp lines, but it wasn't bad for a first try! Plus, it's like freakin' magic, and who doesn't like magic?!


For dinner last night I made a pizza that I have the confidence to say was really very wonderful. I used an herb crust from Trader Joe's (not because I had to, but because I wanted to; I can make my own pizza crust, thank you very much) and topped it with mozzarella cheese, onions, garlic, spinach, olives (which I had to pit and chop myself), red field pepper, shiitake mushrooms, and goat cheese. One half of the pizza got fresh jalapeño pepper slices (not pictured; I forgot to put them on and had to pull the pizza out of the oven a few seconds after I put it in).


I got caught up (again) on adding donated scraps to the yo-yo afghan. The list of contributers is growing wildly! There seems to be no end in sight, but having a set of yarn balls that need to be added makes the project a bit more manageable. I filled in a few gaps last night, and it's lookin' good! It has been fun watching the yo-yo love spread around Ravelry and Craftster. Everyone wants in on the yo-yo action!


I feel another ripple afghan coming on soon, but I have so many other things that need to get done, too. There's craft swapping, Christmas gifts, baby gifts, and turtles for a children's clinic in California to think about! Anybody wanna pay me to stay home for a few months?

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

1. Etching was fun, AND fast. :)

2. The pizza was delish.

3. You could always do a ripple scarf, and then you'll also have a Christmas gift out of the way. :)