Thursday, May 01, 2008

Really, you've outdone yourself, Self.

Yesterday was an evening of domestic bliss. I made hummus and sewed a quilt block. I wish my pictures were uploaded to flickr, but alas, they are not.

I got the idea for cilantro jalapeño hummus on Craftster yesterday. When I mentioned it to Dan, and our lack of chickpeas, he said, "You can take care of that while I'm gone." He's a dahlin'. Actually, he went to the grocery store with me before he had to leave for church band practice. As soon as he left, I started opening and rinsing and slicing and mushing. Yum-oh! I didn't measure anything, but if you want to make some yourself, put the following ingredients in a food processor and whir away:

1 can chickpeas with the can taste rinsed out
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 jalapeño, finely chopped
olive oil
lemon juice
lime juice
cilantro

I see no need ever to buy hummus again.


I also sewed nine quilt squares together to make a block. I'm loving it. And I'm even being all proper about it and ironing all the seams. (This is a big deal. Trust me.) I'm doing a personal swap on Craftster for some squares. This person wants 1.5-inch squares, too! Oh, the insanity! (But I do really like cutting them.)


When Dan got home, I showed off my quilt block, then we ate hummus and watched Cloverfield. It was really good.

2 comments:

Rob Blatt said...

Thought you'd enjoy this:

http://glitchnyc.com/2008/04/17/nycresistor-the-knitting-machine/

Kimberly Pye said...

I did enjoy this! How neat! Want one!!