Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She's a Vegetarian

The thought of ever eating meat again has me gagging. I don't think I can do it. I'm pretty sure I could do it if I had my own land and was raising my own chickens, or if I went fishing and caught my own fish, but by the time either of those things happen, I'll probably be so used to eating soy and lentils I won't care about eating my chickens and fish. Red meat is pretty much out forever.

Skinny Bitch is the grossest book I've ever read, but also the most helpful.

I'm done eating crap. There are some fruity-looking candies on the receptionist's desk, and I'm not even tempted. Chicken fingers are were practically my favorite food, but I never want to see them again. (Well, I do, but I just can't. Unless I watch the chicken grow up and I kill it myself.)

Last night I had a dream I was ordering from the vegetarian section of a restaurant menu. (The triangle-shaped manager-guy from Best Fitness was our waiter. I think my circles are overlapping. And I need to get back to the gym.) Their two options were pretty lame, but I know in real life I have more choices. Even Casa Blanca won't be so bad.

2 comments:

Rob Blatt said...

Before you give up on meat, know you can buy from ranchers directly. If you can find farms you trust, you can still get the meat you want!

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2006/12/13/how-to-buy-a-side-of-beef/

Kimberly Pye said...

Thanks for the tip!

I'm growing increasingly convinced, though, that humans should not eat beef at all. We're not designed for it. Even our spit isn't the right kind.

I will definitely look for local, trustworthy, chicken farmers! (Since, you know, raising chickens in and around my Chelmsford, MA apartment would be highly frowned upon.)