Saturday, April 26, 2008

Maine Hot Spots

I'm leaving work at 4:30 today to go home and get my stuff together for a weekend in Maine. That's not as Massachusetts-y as it sounds. We both grew up there, our parents still live there, and we're staying in my parents' house (the same house I grew up in), so we're not just being Mass-holes. (If we were going to Bar Harbor in July and staying in a cottage it would be another story.)

Anyway, I'm very excited. We haven't been there since December 25, 2007, so we're both ready for some Maine-time. We'll get to see "the babies," and we'll have multiple chances to purchase donut-y goodness from Tim Hortons. (Darn those mafia and their putrid Dunkin Donuts. Could we get some real coffee in this state? Please?)

So I've compiled a list (in no particular order) of places I would visit each and every time I go home, were time and money and appetite not an issue. The following are all no more than 30 minutes from my house, though some have other locations along the path from Chelmsford to B-port.
I'll add more as I think of them. I hope you find this list helpful if you ever find yourself in the Bangor area.

No comments: