Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crêpe Time

Last night we went for about a 4 1/2 mile walk through Chelmsford, and I mentioned to Dan while we were walking that he still hasn't tried the plum jam Marie gave me after the last S'n'Whatever.

We were going grocery shopping afterwards anyway, so I bought some eggs. One thing led to another, and I was frying up some crêpes at 9:45.

Three out of our four crepes were plum jam and whipped cream, but Dan filled his second one with crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jam, whipped cream, and powdered sugar.


I'm not a pro at thinning out these little pancakes, and my frying pan is too big anyway, but they were still tasty as heck.

BTW: I got my recipe from Joy of Cooking and substituted the milk with soy milk. Halving the recipe made four pancakes that a Frenchman would scoff at. And I realized I totally should have used Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, but oh well.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Nice evening snack... crepes are good every time of day. :)