Thursday, March 06, 2008

4 Weeks of Agitated Dopamine

Today marks my being on Requip for four weeks. From the very first day (though I was a bit mentally nuts for a while) I was able to sleep through the night, but even now, my legs continue their restless twitching in the daytime.

I just got back from a follow-up appointment with my doctor, and for once I actually feel good about having gone. He has heard of a similar case, and as I hoped, we're lowering my dose! I'm going back to the original helpful .25mg, but I'm taking it once at night and once in the morning. If I find it helps for only part of the day, I can take a third pill. If I do all that, and it works, the most I'll be taking is .75mg of ropinirole instead of the 2mg I've worked up to (and I'd be going up to 2.5mg starting tonight).

I doubt anything really bad will happen when I come off my dopamine high. If anything, I'll just be taking less medication while feeling a whole lot less twitchy!

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Yay!! This is all great news and I'm so glad to hear it. Hopefully the reduced amount over time works out as the doc thinks it will. :) Yay!!!