Tuesday, April 01, 2008

100 Things About Me

  1. When I was a kid, I wanted my name to be Daisy.
  2. I could eat pizza every day.
  3. I played trumpet for 8 years.
  4. I wish I hadn't stopped in college.
  5. I like Cowboy Bebop.
  6. My all-time favorite TV show is Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
  7. I taught myself to like shrimp and olives.
  8. Shrimp and olives are practically my two favorite foods now.
  9. But it's really hard to beat boneless buffalo tenders.
  10. I can read, write, and speak a little Arabic.
  11. When Dan gets his big bonus, I'm going to buy Rosetta Stone for Arabic.
  12. I can be pretty fluent in Spanish when I want to be.
  13. I'd rather go hiking in a dessert than lie on a beach.
  14. I got lost in a dessert on my honeymoon and got heat exhaustion and couldn't sit down because the red ants would bite me.
  15. I married my first real boyfriend.
  16. I want to move to Los Angeles.
  17. I pretty much want to move anywhere, just to mix it up a bit.
  18. I love yarn.
  19. I wish I could stay home and play with yarn all day.
  20. I don't want kids.
  21. I don't eat the stems of broccoli.
  22. I'll usually choose soft-serve over hard-serve, with rainbow sprinkles.
  23. I want to work in educational publishing someday.
  24. I refuse to eat at McDonald's.
  25. I don't eat at any other fast food place, either.
  26. I take hip-hop lessons at the gym on Wednesdays.
  27. I'm a cynic, and I don't want to change.
  28. I don't have any trans fat in my house.
  29. It would be awesome to shake Anthony Hopkins' hand before he gets too old and dies.
  30. I enjoy listening to Car Talk on NPR.
  31. I think I was seriously addicted to chewing gum for a while there, but then I stopped.
  32. Now I only chew occasionally.
  33. I recently discovered I can knit and read at the same time.
  34. I could drink maple syrup straight.
  35. I have a set of bagpipes, but I don't know how to play them.
  36. I used to be afraid of knitting socks, but now I'm not.
  37. I'm ridiculously afraid of balloons.
  38. I love baking vegan desserts.
  39. I enjoy sending snail mail.
  40. I deleted my Facebook and MySpace accounts because learning what some of my old classmates are up to was kind of disturbing.
  41. My favorite movie is The Edge.
  42. I drink my coffee black.
  43. I used to wear size 12 pants (and those were getting tight).
  44. Now I wear size 6.
  45. I think pants with words on the butt are stupid.
  46. I make Snickerdoodles better than pretty much anyone.
  47. I like having visitors.
  48. I wish people would just stop by more often.
  49. I like watching Quentin Tarantino films.
  50. I used to have the cutest hamster in the world, and then my ferret killed him.
  51. I am very distantly related to William the Conqueror.
  52. I only like plain ol' regular cheesecake.
  53. I eat raw fish.
  54. I like mackerel better raw than cooked.
  55. Once I stole back her half of the friendship necklace when I decided I didn't want to be her friend anymore.
  56. I always bite the heads off first.
  57. I want a Blythe doll.
  58. I sort of want to start a miniature doll house, too, but I probably won't.
  59. I start new projects before I finish other ones.
  60. I read English grammar books for fun.
  61. I was born with a cleft lip.
  62. I like my scar.
  63. I don't like wearing socks with cutesy pictures on them, but sometimes I do anyway.
  64. I photograph dead animals and keep my pictures in a special collection.
  65. I read Grapes of Wrath in 8th grade, and it's still my favorite book.
  66. My all-time favorite authors are Steinbeck, Shakespeare, and Whitman.
  67. I got married when I was 19.
  68. I'm afraid of ladybugs. They gross me out.
  69. I think peanut butter and bacon sandwiches are tasty.
  70. Giada De Laurentiis, and her name, irritate me.
  71. I put mustard on cheese pizza because it tastes better that way.
  72. I like building and assembling things (like book shelves).
  73. I like fixing things (like the vacuum cleaner).
  74. My hair was blond when I was little, but now it's brown.
  75. I almost never wear my hair down.
  76. I used to be a nail biter. My mom made me wear icky-tasting nail polish. That's not what made me stop.
  77. I'm reading Don Quixote, and that will be true about me for quite a while.
  78. I thought I had skin cancer once, but I didn't.
  79. I kind of miss the mole I had removed for biopsy.
  80. Reggaetón is one of my guilty pleasures.
  81. I hope Google takes over the world.
  82. I have a heterosexual girl-crush on Catherine Zeta-Jones.
  83. I've never gotten a speeding ticket or warning.
  84. I use Firefox.
  85. I taught myself how to play the clarinet.
  86. I played tuba at Dan's high school graduation.
  87. I don't believe a woman should be President of the U.S.
  88. I like fiction better than nonfiction.
  89. Someday I'm going to finish the novel I started writing my senior year of college.
  90. I think it's pretty good.
  91. Job is my favorite Bible character.
  92. I eat the maple cream-filled chocolates first, and I don't like to share.
  93. I think every English-speaking adult should know how to form plural nouns.
  94. I have a younger brother.
  95. I'm building an army of little cork people.
  96. I pretty much don't believe anyone when he/she claims not to have enough time or to be too busy. He/She just means that thing isn't important enough to make time for it.
  97. I think moving to California is a good way to get out of a lot of things that there seems to be no graceful escape from.
  98. I don't reply to forwarded emails that claim to have an effect on our relationship.
  99. I just got a new betta fish for my desk at work. I named him El Chupa Cabre. He's vicious.
  100. I spent a lot of time writing this list, and it wasn't very easy for me.

2 comments:

Danielle A. said...

A couple of things:

- Next time we're together and you have broccoli, I'll take those stems off your hands 'cause they're my fave.

- Note to self: Never get Kimberly a balloon on her birthday.

- Snail Mail is fun and underrated.

- I also am annoyed by Giada.

- You've made me consider being more aware of saying I don't have time for things. I like your observation. :)

- When I get an interesting forward, if it has that garbage about "If you don't forward..." attached I delete it before I forward it if I find it share-worthy. I hate that crap.

Kimberly Pye said...

Thanks in advance for the rest of my life for not getting me a balloon. I can't even tell you how neurotic they make me.