Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 24 - GAP Scarf Rip-Off

In December, my husband took me to NYC for my birthday. We went to a GAP store on Broadway, and I fell in love with this scarf:
The trouble was, it was on sale for $19.99 (original price: $29.50), and it was knit. I can knit. I don't pay twenty bucks for an acrylic/cotton blend knit scarf. No way, no how.

I searched the online GAP store and captured a few images to help with the reverse engineering:
And now, I present My Version:

I only knit enough of it to show that it actually works. (I don't have enough of the right yarn to make the whole thing anyway.)

Download my pattern here.

And if you knit this fabulous scarf, be sure to send me pictures!

3 comments:

Danielle A. said...

This is super cool. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the right yarn in a finished product... and, to see other people replicate your awesomeness. :)

Kimberly Pye said...

That's the right yarn, but I don't have enough of it to finish the scarf.

Sally said...

Cool, I can't wait to see the finished project! Are you going to do the pom poms too? I like them. ;o)