Saturday, February 02, 2008

Day 1 - Grannies for War

I started making an afghan for the Soldiers' Angels program, but then I decided I wanted the middle to be a different color. The little square will be going to a lady who collects granny squares and sews them together to make afghans for kids with cancer. I'll probably make a few more of those before shipping them off. The larger square will get bigger and bigger until it's ready to be sent to a wounded vet.


I've never really done this kind of charity work. I almost blew it off as weird and something I just don't do. Besides, who would want some crappy blanket I made?

But alas, that is the thinking of a lazy loser who should do more of this stuff instead. It feels kind of neat, actually. And if they hate what I make, they can throw it away. I will still have had fun making it without adding to my own huge and growing collection of afghans.

Danielle's is super pretty. You should go see it. It's even nicer now that she has more rows done. Some lucky army (or navy or marine or what have you) man is going to be very happy.

2 comments:

Danielle A. said...

Awww - Thanks! I can't wait to see what yours looks like as you add more colors to it. A couple of wounded soldiers are going to be some lucky fellows... :)

I LOVE YOU said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.