Friday, December 28, 2007

The Rest of the Birthday

I can't just ignore all the other great stuff I got for my birthday. Just because it didn't fit in the song, doesn't mean I don't appreciate it tons!

Nathan and Priscila gave me a subscription to KnitSimple.

My grandparents gave me the usual amount. I bought some knitting stuff.

Steve and Danielle gave me a super fun birthday night in the snowstorm as we Christmas-shopped for needy people. They gave me a fabulous yarn ball full of surprises, and Danielle brought out some trans-fat-free cupcakes (just when I thought all hope of a birthday cake was lost)!

My mom found a birthday cake for me, but since I live hundreds of miles away, she kept it in the freezer until we got there the day before Christmas.
I love that it's just two cupcakes covered in frosting; it makes me think I, too, could be a pretty fancy-pants cake-maker!

I used the money my parents sent me (plus 80 cents) to buy all this great stuff on Amazon.com:
  • My Sweet Vegan by Hannah Kaminsky
  • Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli
  • A Care Bears crochet pattern book (Now Shannon and I can start causing some real trouble with the Don't Care Bears!)
  • Will Smith's Greatest Hits CD
My Chelsea called me and wished me a happy b-day, too. I was glad! (Oo! Oo! I got to see her and the Mr. on our way thru Bucksport! I hope they are somehow forced to move to Boston. That would be sweet.)

2 comments:

Danielle A. said...

Awww! What a cute cuppy cake!

And... I may need to borrow that Care Bears book from you at some point. When I bust through some of my extensive ravelry queue.

Kimberly Pye said...

Heck yeah, you can borrow it!