Friday, November 09, 2007

Knit & Crochet Miscellany

I don't know what it is, but I've been having the craziest dreams lately. I've forgotten what last night's was, but it wasn't at all inspiring or terribly weird like my other ones have been. It was mostly normal. I noted on the way out the door how it wasn't worth blogging about; that must be why it has escaped me.

I finished Edmond a couple days ago. Dan is holding him, watching TV. (We got all caught up on "House," and now we can watch it on real TV every Tuesday!)I think I'll make him some clothes and other accessories and take cool pictures of him. What I really want is a Blythe doll, but they're crazy expensive and I think if I hold out long enough I'll find one somewhere for cheap. (That's probably not true, but the longer I deceive myself, the longer I go without buying one. There could be one in some relative's attic. Who knows?) I want to knit her some clothes like all the great stuff on Ravelry (that link probably won't work if you're not registered) and Knitty. For now, Edmond will be my doll-friend.

I started knitting an apple protector yesterday. I've sewn up the sections, and now it just needs a leaf and a button. I like to think of it more as an apple sweater, especially since it has that vulnerable spot.
Crocheting has long been my strong-suit (at least over knitting), but there is something increasingly attractive about the act of knitting as I learn more about the technique. It seems more graceful, I guess (let not the apple sweater be your example), but I still really, really enjoy the quick whimsy that crochet provides. It really is all about the mood I'm in.

No comments: