Tuesday, October 02, 2007

No more eBay for me.

At least for a while, I need to stay far, far away from the plethora of crochet-goodness on eBay.

I got to work this morning to find out I won another auction for another crochet book. I bid on this one because I had to know how to make the ridiculous potholder on the cover.
Then I found those vintage crochet books and one thing led to another and I was all bid-happy.

Oh well. That's what my allowance is for anyway, right? I was feeling a little bummed about spending the money, but then I realized how super fun those vintage book will be to use and share with pals and how little I actually spent to add five books to my collection. And after I saw the adorable foxes on the back of Crocheted Gifts in a Weekend, I knew I had made the right decision.

In knitting news, I casted on for the Peekaboo mittens last night. I'm about half-way done with one mitten. I learned how to m1, cable cast on, and make a thumb gusset (which requires the cable cast on and the m1 increase). The mittens are a little baggier than I expected them to be, and I should have done 1x1 ribbing on the cuff to make it a little more snug, but the mitten is pretty darn stellar for a first try!

Dan and I walked to Skip's restaurant for dinner last night. An all-time favorite local treat is the cinnamon stick from the dessert case. Go get one.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

OK, the foxes on the back of that book ARE super cute, as are the daisy potholders on the back of the book.