Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm back.

I'm back in the saddle today. I don't feel 100%, but I'm well enough to get off the couch and get some work done in the real world. (I did crochet a lot of stuffies last week, though. Just wait till you see Chicken Wrap.)

No news on the weird disease. Lots of tests and no results. I guess we'll just go with Periodic Hypersomnolence Syndrome. It does seem to be getting better.

Benjamin left for Denmark on Friday. I'm so excited for him. He can't come home for Christmas, and he has nowhere else to stay, so he's going to begin forming relationships with the area homeless. When Christmastime comes around, he's going to be a veritable homeless person livin' on the streets. He's weirdly excited about this. For Christmas, he wants lots of handmade hats to give away. I've made one.

I did a sleep study on Friday night. I arrived at Nashoba Valley Medical Center around 7:30. They put me in a room with a big bed and a chair and a TV and private bathroom, told me to get comfy and relaxed, and let them know when I want to get all hooked up. It turns out the technician moved to Maine a long time ago and worked at EMMC for a while. Then he moved back to Massachusetts to be closer to his family. But he still plays semiprofessional football in Brewer. He drives there (two towns from where I live, four hours away) every Wednesday for practice, and his home games are in Jay, Maine. That's dedication. So, he put wires on my head, face, and legs, an oxygen measurer on my pointer finger, and belts around my chest. Now fall asleep!

Yeah, right.

Jill (Dan's sister) moved into USM on Sunday. It seems she's scared as heck and thinking of quitting at the end of the week so she can get a full refund. I'm hoping like crazy she doesn't do something that stupid and ruin her life. She'll be stuck in B-port forever, and she's just too talented for that town.

I got to spend tons of time with the (three-year-old) babies. I want them. I figure if we can convince Dan's mom to move in with us, I can just use those babies and not have to have my own. Good plan, I say.

After we got stood up and lied to at another apartment in Sketch-ville yesterday, we looked at an apartment on Foster Street. Freaking huge (though not huge enough for a third adult and two toddlers) and pretty awesome, but too expensive (and the heat's not included). Oh well. October 1 is approaching, though, and I'm getting a little nervous.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better!

Does your brother have any use for scarves? I don't know how to make hats, but I can make a mean scarf. :)