Thursday, September 20, 2007

Heavy Metal

I called Dr. Husain this morning before going into the office to ask if he had received my blood test results. I spoke with the receptionist. She knew nothing about it, but she said she would have him call me.

I just got a call back from the receptionist. (How long did they know about these results without calling me?*) My ferritin was low (39; should be above 45), so I have to take an OTC iron pill three times per day for six months. (Ever heard of pill fatigue?)

I am delighted to have a treatment option! I have been in the middle of dreaming when I wake up in the morning for two weeks now. I think if the iron gets my legs to chill out (Ha! I'm taking a chill pill!), I will be able to get better sleep sooner, and my days should be less sleepy.

Hasta veinte de marzo! I should be less sleepy by then!


*I hate (hate!) Nashoba Valley Medical Center. I'm never associating myself with that place or those people again.

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

Finally an answer! Sheesh! I'm glad you have some sort of path you can follow now and get some rest. :)