Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Harry Potter is finished!

(If you can't defend yourself against spoilers, and you're trying not to learn anything prematurely, proceed not.)

I am so glad that book is over and done with! I'm not sure how I would have ended it, but not like that.

Fine, end it, as predictable as it was, at chapter thirty-six, but surely the great Joanne Rowling could have come up with a less disgustingly Hollywood epilogue. I shuddered when I saw I had to read about what happened "nineteen years later," and I was not wrong in my fears.

My review in general: certainly not the best Harry Potter book; a struggle to bear.

Now I'm going to keep plugging along with Paris Pilgrims and start Wicked. I'm glad I can join the rest of you people in the Harry-Potter-free world!

1 comment:

Danielle A. said...

I think you'll enjoy Wicked. Let me know what you think of it. :)