Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gym, Zappers, Bunny, Harry

Like a good girl, I went to the gym again yesterday. It feels good not to be a lazy bum anymore. I can already feel a difference (I'm slightly less fat, more energetic, and happier). I'm focusing on fat loss for a while, then I'll start toning again. Right now I just want my clothes to fit. I'll worry about being a babe later.

I also started using this Google gadget yesterday. I'm not a big believer in the food pyramid; I just wanted to see what I eat. Turns out I don't eat vegetables, but I could eat fruit all day long. This tool helped me drink plenty of water, though! (And I absolutely should not eat 2200 calories a day, mind you.)
July 31, 2007.

After dinner and showering, we went to Gary's for soft-serve. I managed to get sprinkles all over the ground and my pants, but Guacamole enjoyed licking my slightly-vanilla-flavored feet when I got home.

While we were there, I realized I can't get behind the bug zapper. It makes no sense. Across the street there's a boat-place with no one around. A bug zapper was going to town on the innocent lives of insects, but for the benefit of whom? Even if there were a party across the street, they could light a citronella candle and put a bright light off to the side. The bugs would stay away from the people. And the bug zapper wastes all kinds of electricity in this futile task while ruining a perfectly good frog dinner (if one listens closely, the frog song can be heard beneath the roar of traffic).

I stopped at the UML library to print a crochet pattern I had in my e-mail (still no internet, of course). It felt good to walk in as a free agent; slightly sentimental, but liberating. At home, I started crocheting my first-ever three-dimensional project: this bunny. It's so freakin' easy it's ridiculous. I got ready super fast this morning so I could work on it for a half hour before work. I considered bringing it to work for lunch-time fun, but I'm near the part where I have to put the face on (not a good office activity), and I should really get crackin' on The Deathly Hallows.

Dan said he's not getting the conversation he needs at home, so he confessed to talking to another woman (Missy) about Harry Potter yesterday at work. He was even getting stimulation online before bedtime last night. I know what he means, and I know I can't give him what he needs right now. I don't have the experience he (or Missy) has. But I'm trying to do better. I think things will change soon, after I read this book.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Your last paragraph is mildly amusing. :) I don't know why, or if you did it on purpose - but it is. :)

Austin and Missy said...

Oh my, I had no idea I was filling Harry Potter conversational needs that Dan was missing...three of us have finished it in my house, but 2 others have not so we must have our conversation in whispers and in secret codes. But if you're anything like me you'll get the book done in less than 5 days and be able to join in on the "can you believe...." and "What did you think of..." and "harry..."

Dan said...

Yeah it's pretty rough in my neck of the woods. A man has needs.

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness. This is too funny, and I can't take it anymore. :)