Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting sick and tired of being sick and tired

I stayed home today, afraid I would fall asleep on the way to work. I've been sleeping every free second I have, and still I wake up feeling the exact same way I felt before I slept. It's weird. And frustrating.

The blood test results came back today, and I'm perfectly fine in that department. My doctor called me around 6:30 this evening, and he's got nothin'. He gave me the name and phone number of a sleep doctor. I'll call him tomorrow morning and set up an appointment to talk about having a sleep test to find out what's causing my "profound fatigue."

I can't keep skipping out on work, so Dan will probably drop me off and pick me up tomorrow. Now I'm paranoid about driving, certain that the first time I get the guts and go, I'll fall asleep and die.

Dan's with his pals in the living room having a Starcraft party. I'm the party-pooper in the bedroom, refusing the company of the female counterparts of these pals so I can sleep, crochet, and play Super Mario DS all by myself.

I think I'll go get some more food and finish Dan's Bender Bending Rodriguez.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Thank you for your diligent progress on Bender. I can't express how excited I am that he's almost done!

Missy said...

I had something exactly like mono in highschool- but tested negative for it and my dr. said there are many virus's that don't test positive that are just like it, and sometimes regular mono even tests negative. so you may actually have it- i was like that- i slept for a week straight and then when i went back to school i slept as soon as i got home. I think it took about a month to get over it...

Danielle A. said...

You're definitely in my prayers and hopefully you'll find out what the story is soon.