Friday, July 13, 2007

¡Guacamole primero! ¡Olé!

I made guacamole for the first time last night. Dan helped with the chopping and tasting. I used this recipe from Anne's Food as a guide, but added onions. It was crazy-good. (Did you eat some? Post a comment with your review. I'm giving Anne the link; I'm sure she'd like to know what you thought of her recipe.)
I will definitely be trying out more of her recipes; they're well written and the photos are so darn provocative.

I'm ridiculously close to finishing the super-secret crochet project. I stayed up late last night and got up early this morning to work on it. I just have to put one more row on each of five units, then connect them all. Two entire sections are already connected, so I'll be done in no time! (Forming a mental picture yet?)

2 comments:

Dan said...

Your guac was great! I was trying to lead a small group but I couldn't stop going back to the table for more! Bravo!

Danielle said...

For someone who had never tried guacamole before, I thought it was pretty good also. Even though the chips were so tasty I felt bad putting stuff on them. I love tortilla chips.