Thursday, July 05, 2007

New books!

I'm nearing the end of a huge - mostly because of time constraints - crocheting project (the big unveiling will happen soon), so I just bought these books on amazon.com as a reward/motivation to keep up the good work:
I've been wanting the 200 Crochet Blocks one for a while, but it's muy expensivo at the craft store. I added on the Happy Hooker book since I'm still kind of a beginner at crocheting. Plus, I needed to spend just a little over eight more dollars to get free shipping. Who wouldn't rather spend a little extra money to get a discounted book than throw money away to the shipping dept.? So, two new books are coming to me for just two more dollars than if I had only bought 200 Crochet Blocks at the craft store! Woohoo!

But there's a catch: I have to finish my current big WIP before I start actually implementing any new skills found in these books, and I have to weed out some other books I don't use.

But there's also a bonus: Once this big project is done, I'll be ready to look at that Athanas yarn stash again (providing they're still willing to part with some of it)!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Actually, Steve and I were just talking about that the other day. :) I'm sure we can arrange something.

Dan said...

I'll keep sewing together parts of your project for you until it's done!

Steve Athanas said...

Please! The more you take, the less I have to donate.. which I'm getting ready to do in early August. It's time to clear out that condo...